PSE Healthy Energy is a non-profit energy science and policy research institute dedicated to supplying evidence-based scientific information and resources on the environmental, public health, social equity, and climate dimensions of energy production and use. Our work focuses on oil and gas, power plants, renewable energy, energy storage, and energy transitions. Much of our positive, dedicated, and high-functioning team is based out of our headquarters in Oakland, CA with staff also located across the United States.
PSE’s mission is to bring scientific transparency and clarity to energy policy discussions, helping to level the playing field between communities, the media, policymakers, and the private sector by generating, translating, and disseminating scientific information. No other interdisciplinary collaboration of physicians, scientists, and engineers exists to focus specifically on issues of health and sustainability at the intersection of energy science and policy.
PSE Healthy Energy is seeking a full-time Grants & Development Manager at 40 hours per week to work collaboratively with PSE’s executive staff and team of scientists, engineers, and data analysts to support PSE’s scientific research through grant management and donor development. The position requires initiative, project management and organization skills, independent work and collaboration while thinking strategically about complex scientific research and issues related to energy and energy policy, renewable energy, public health, and the environment. The ideal candidate is a skilled and inspiring writer with experience in grant writing and grant reporting, and has experience growing relationships with existing donors and prospective funders. Candidate should be proficient in managing grant applications from start to finish, tracking received grants and grant applications submitted, and writing narrative reports with project updates in a timely manner.
It is not expected that a single candidate will have expertise across all of these areas- we’re seeking candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas and have some interest and capabilities in others.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Grants management: responsible for full grant lifecycle through application to approval and award, including invoicing, tracking deadlines and deliverables; develop and implement processes for more efficient grants management
- Grant reporting: coordinating and writing narrative and financial grant reports and other information required
- Donor appeals and development: research grant and funding opportunities; collaborate with Director of Communications, executive director and other staff on donor appeals and Request for Proposal (RFPs)
- Data entry and databases: accurate gift entry into CRM database; appropriate acknowledgement of all donations
- Administrative: assist in project management foundations for new projects; maintenance of donor webpages; assist with fundraising and financial reporting; other administrative support of executive team
In addition to an ability to meet the above responsibilities, the position will require the applicant to possess most of the following, with some capabilities in the rest and an enthusiasm for learning:
- Bachelor’s degree with 3–5+ years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree with 1–2+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent writing and communications, research, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Capable of managing multiple projects and prioritizing effectively
- Demonstrated experience in and a record of executing fundraising campaigns, building relationships with donors and institutional funders
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Team-based and collaborative approach to work
- Able to give and receive feedback
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Attention to detail and a desire to learn
- Experience with Google Workspace (Gmail, Google Docs, etc.)
- A desire to learn
- A sense of humor
- Knowledge of NeonOne CRM
- Familiarity with Slack
Oakland, CA. Remote locations will also be considered.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary and compensation is competitive and commensurate with education, experience and geographic location. Compensation ranges from $62,000-$90,000+. Benefits include health insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, 15 days of vacation, paid sick leave and 11+ paid holidays.
Please submit a resume or CV and provide cover letter OR responses to application portal questionnaire online here by June 14th, 2021. Applications received by May 31st, 2021 will be given priority review.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
PSE Healthy Energy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.