Audrey Smith joined PSE in 2019 to provide analytical support across the organization’s programs, with an emphasis on spatial and demographic data. Her work at PSE spans a variety of projects, but primarily focuses on questions of community resilience, energy equity, and public health. Audrey’s previous work includes research on the built environment’s impact on public health during extreme weather events and on integrating environmental justice into public agencies’ decision-making frameworks. Audrey has a Master’s in Public Health in Environmental Health Sciences from the University of California, Berkeley and a Bachelor’s in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology from Rice University.
PEER-REVIEWED AND TECHNICAL REPORTS:
- Smith, A., Laribi, O. (2021). Environmental Justice in the American Public Health Context: Trends in the Scientific Literature at the Intersection Between Health, Environment, and Social Status. Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities.
- Krieger, E., Lukanov, B., McPhail, A., Smith, A., Dillon, A. (2020). Equity-Focused Climate Strategies for Colorado. PSE Healthy Energy.
- Hill L.L., Blythe R., Krieger, E., Smith, A., McPhail, A., Shonkoff S.B.C. (2020). The Public Health Dimensions of California Wildfire and Wildfire Prevention, Mitigation and Suppression. PSE Healthy Energy.
- Lukanov, B, Smith, A. (2020). Richmond, CA Air Monitors Show Cleaner Air During Bay Area COVID-19 Lockdown, With A Catch. PSE Healthy Energy.
INTERACTIVE DATA TOOLS:
- Smith, A. (2020). California Wildfire Interactive Visualizations, PSE Healthy Energy.