MPS Environmental Science, State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry; BS Environmental Science, Allegheny College.
Eliza Czolowski joined PSE Healthy Energy in 2015 in support of the Environment Program. Czolowski spent over three years in environmental consulting contributing towards projects in energy, manufacturing, education, and government. She has provided geographic information systems (GIS) and environmental services for multiple clients in the oil and gas industry within the Appalachian Basin, including managing GIS mapping and databases for decommissioning over 200 wells for a major multinational oil and gas company.
Czolowski has previously worked with The Nature Conservancy (TNC) performing a flood pattern assessment to analyze changing macroinvertebrate communities. She has also worked with the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PADEP) to determine causation behind elevated contaminant concentrations in Lake Erie at Presque Isle, Pennsylvania. She conducted research in Costa Rica to determine the effect that ecotourism was having on the presence of migratory bird species. Czolowski earned an MPS degree in Environmental Science from SUNY ESF with a focus area in Coupled Natural and Human Systems, where her studies focused around geographic modeling and environmental health. She earned a BS in Environmental Science from Allegheny College with a concentration in Geographic Information Science.
- Czolowski ED, Santoro RL, Srebotnjak T, Shonkoff SBC. 2017. Towards Consistent Methodology to Quantify Populations in Proximity to Oil and Gas Development: A National Spatial Analysis and Review. Environmental Health Perspectives. Available at: https://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/EHP1535
Peer-Reviewed Technical Reports:
- Krieger E, Czolowski ED. 2018. The greenhouse gas impacts of proposed natural gas pipeline buildout in New York. PSE Healthy Energy. February 2018. Available at: https://www.psehealthyenergy.org/our-work/publications/archive/the-greenhouse-gas-impacts-of-proposed-natural-gas-pipeline-buildout-in-new-york/
- Shonkoff SBC, Hill LL, Czolowski ED, Prasad K, Hammond SK, McKone TE. 2018. Human health hazards, risks, and impacts associated with underground natural gas storage in California. In: Long-Term Viability of Underground Gas Storage in California. California Council on Science and Technology, Sacramento, CA. Available at: http://ccst.us/publications/2018/Chapter%201%20v2%20Section%201-4.pdf
- Krieger E, McPhail A, Millstein D, Shehabi A, Czolowski ED, Hays J, Casey J, Shonkoff SBC. 2016. The Clean Power Plan in Ohio: Analyzing power generation for health and equity. PSE Healthy Energy Report. July 2016. Available at: https://www.psehealthyenergy.org/our-work/publications/archive/our-air-health-and-equity-impacts-of-ohios-power-plants/
- Krieger E, McPhail A, Millstein D, Shehabi A, Czolowski ED, Hays J, Casey J, Shonkoff SBC. 2016. The Clean Power Plan in Pennsylvania: Analyzing power generation for health and equity. PSE Healthy Energy Report. July 2016. Available at: https://www.psehealthyenergy.org/our-work/publications/archive/our-air-health-and-equity-impacts-of-pennsylvanias-power-plants/