Jeremy began as an environmental engineering consultant for PSE Healthy Energy and has recently joined the organization as an Energy Analyst. Prior to joining PSE Healthy Energy, Jeremy worked at the Ecological Engineering Research Program at University of the Pacific and at the Earth and Environmental Sciences Area at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, where his research focused on water quality issues in California’s Central Valley, chemical use in both hydraulic fracturing and conventional oil and gas operations in California, and potential water quality impacts from carbon capture and underground sequestration. His current work focuses on the human health and environmental implications of chemical use in the oil and gas industry.
Jeremy received both his MS in engineering science with a focus on environmental engineering and BS in bioengineering from University of the Pacific, where his research focused on the optimization of biogas production from the anaerobic co-digestion of various agricultural waste streams at local wineries and dairy farms.
- Zheng, L., Nico, P., Spycher, N., Domen, J. K., Credoz, A. (2021). Potential impacts of CO2 leakage on groundwater quality of overlying aquifer at geological carbon sequestration sites: A review and a proposed assessment procedure. Greenhouse Gases Science and Technology.
- Shonkoff S.B.C., Domen J. K., Hill, L.L. (2019). Human health and oil and gas development: An assessment of chemical usage in oil and gas activities in the Los Angeles Basin and the City of Los Angeles. PSE Healthy Energy.
- Stringfellow, W.T., Camarillo, M.K., Domen, J. K., Shonkoff, S.B.C. (2017). Comparison of Chemical-use Between Hydraulic Fracturing, Acidizing, and Routine Oil and Gas Development. PLoS ONE. 12(4): e0175344.
- Stringfellow, W. T., Camarillo, M. K., Domen, J. K., Sandelin, W.L., Varadharajan, C., Jordan, P.D., Reagan, M.T., Cooley, H., Heberger, M.G., Birkholzer, J.T. (2017). Identifying chemicals of concern in hydraulic fracturing fluids used for oil production. Environmental Pollution. 220:413-420.
- Camarillo, M.K., Domen, J. K., Stringfellow, W.T. (2016). Physical-chemical evaluation of hydraulic fracturing chemicals in the context of produced water treatment. Journal of Environmental Management. 183:164-174.
- Shonkoff, S.B.C., Stringfellow, W.T., Domen, J. K. (2016). Hazard Assessment of Chemical Additives Used in Oil Fields that Reuse Produced Water for Agricultural Irrigation, Livestock Watering, and Groundwater Recharge in The San Joaquin Valley of California: Preliminary Results. PSE Healthy Energy.
- Stringfellow, W.T., Cooley, H., Varadharajan, C., Heberger, M., Reagan, M.T., Domen, J. K., Sandelin, W., Camarillo, M.K., Jordan, P.D., Donnelly, K., Nicklisch, S.C.T., Hamdoun, A., Houseworth, J.E. (2015). Chapter II: Impacts of Well Stimulation on Water Resources. In An Independent Scientific Assessment of Well Stimulation in California Volume II: Potential Environmental Impacts of Hydraulic Fracturing and Acid Stimulations. California Council on Science and Technology.
- Jain, R.K,, Cui, Z., Domen, J. K. (2015). Environmental Impact of Mining and Mineral Processing: Management, Monitoring, and Auditing Strategies. Elsevier.
- Stringfellow, W.T., Domen, J. K., Camarillo, M.K., Sandelin, W.L., Borglin, S. (2014). Physical, Chemical, and Biological Characteristics of Compounds Used in Hydraulic Fracturing. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 275:37-54.