Jessie Jaeger joined PSE in 2020 to support the organization’s work on air pollution, health equity, and community resilience to climate change. Her recent work includes research on the potential impacts of sea level rise, extreme coastal flooding events, and proximity to hazardous sites on disadvantaged communities in the coastal U.S.
Domestically, Jaeger has conducted research and prepared technical analyses on a wide variety of projects throughout the United States involving the evaluation of environmental conditions and regulatory compliance issues. She has conducted research with the Sustainability and Health Equity (S/HE) Lab at UC Berkeley to spatially analyze the potential contamination risks associated with coastal flooding due to sea level rise on disadvantaged communities. She has also conducted research internationally with Johns Hopkins University (JHU) on a multi-country liquid petroleum gas (LPG) intervention trial on household air pollution and health in Puno, Peru.
Jaeger has a Master of Public Health (MPH) in Environmental Health Sciences and a Master of City Planning (MCP) with a specific emphasis in Healthy Cities & Environmental Planning from the University of California, Berkeley. She also received a BS in Environmental Science from the University of California, Los Angeles.
- DiGiulio, D. C., Rossi, R. J., Jaeger, J. M., Shonkoff, S. B. C., and Ryan, J. N. (2021). Vulnerability of Groundwater Resources Underlying Unlined Produced Water Ponds in the Tulare Basin of the San Joaquin Valley, California. Environmental Science & Technology.
- Michanowicz D.R., Lebel E.D., Domen J.K., Hill L.L., Jaeger J.M., Schiff J.E., Krieger E.M., Banan Z., Goldman J.S.W., Nordgaard C.L., Shonkoff S.B.C. (2021). Methane and Health-Damaging Air Pollutants From the Oil and Gas Sector: Bridging 10 Years of Scientific Understanding. PSE Healthy Energy.
- Jaeger, J. M. (2020). Assessing Household Air Pollution using Low-Cost Monitors in Puno, Peru. Master Thesis prepared for the University of California, Berkeley.
- Coulom M., Halpern J., Herrick M., Jaeger J. M., Koski-Karell N., Leong D., López J., Manji S., Ordoñez V., Wang J., Rubiano Yedidia D. (2019). Gentrification and Displacement in Bogotá: Executive Summary. A Report prepared for the Programa Progresa Fenicia, Universidad de los Andes. Urban Displacement Project.
- Coulom M., Halpern J., Herrick M., Jaeger, J. M., Koski-Karell N., Leong D., López J., Manji S., Ordoñez V., Wang J., Rubiano Yedidia D. (2019). Gentrificación y Desplazamiento en Bogotá: Resumen Ejecutivo. A Report prepared for the Programa Progresa Fenicia, Universidad de los Andes. Urban Displacement Project.
- De Anda V., Jaeger, J. M., Lam J., Leon K., Ostowari M., Soberon E., Noren A. (2014). Phytoplankton Biological Community Assessment: Case Study at the Ballona Wetlands Ecological Reserve. A report prepared for the Santa Monica Bay Restoration Commission. Institute of the Environment and Sustainability, University of California, Los Angeles.