Lee Ann Hill, MPH, is a senior scientist at PSE Healthy Energy, where she focuses on the impacts of energy production and use on human health, the environment, and climate. Lee Ann joined PSE in 2016 to support the organization’s environmental health work on oil and gas. Her recent work includes characterizing chemical use and waste streams associated with oil and gas development across multiple states. She has examined the human health hazards and risks associated with underground gas storage, oil and gas development, and produced water reuse. Intent on sharing her findings with relevant and diverse audiences, she has written commentaries, developed data visualization tools, and authored numerous peer-reviewed and technical reports.
Lee Ann Hill received her MPH in environmental health sciences from the School of Public Health at University of California, Berkeley. She also holds a BS in environmental science from Ithaca College.
Peer-reviewed publications and technical reports
- Shonkoff S.B.C., Hill L.L. (2019). Human health and oil and gas development: A review of the peer-reviewed literature and assessment of applicability to the City of Los Angeles. PSE Healthy Energy. Oakland, CA.
- Shonkoff S.B.C., Domen J.K., Hill L.L. (2019). Human health and oil and gas development: An assessment of chemical usage in oil and gas activities in the Los Angeles Basin and the City of Los Angeles. PSE Healthy Energy. Oakland, CA.
- Hill L.L., Czolowski E.D., DiGiulio D.C., Shonkoff S.B.C. (2019). Temporal and spatial trends of conventional and unconventional oil and gas waste management in Pennsylvania, 1991 – 2017. Science of the Total Environment. 674: 623-636.
- Shonkoff S.B.C., Hill L.L., Czolowski E.D., Prasad K., Hammond S.K., McKone T.E. (2017). Human health hazards, risks, and impacts associated with underground natural gas storage in California. In: Long-Term Viability of Underground Gas Storage in California. California Council on Science and Technology, Sacramento, CA.
- Shonkoff S.B.C., Hays J., Hill L., Krieger E., Hughes D., Hosang N., Law A. (2016). Trump: renewables for self-sufficiency. Nature. 540:341.
- Sinton C.W., Hill L., Zerbian C. (2015). Evaluation of heavy metals in sediments downstream from the Ithaca Gun Superfund site. Northeastern Geoscience. 33:1-33.