Who We Are
PSE Healthy Energy is an independent scientific research institute that specializes in bringing science to energy policy. Our mission is to generate energy and climate solutions that protect public health and the environment. At PSE, we design our research around real-world challenges and proactively connect our audiences with actionable, evidence-based information they can trust. Our team of scientists, engineers, and public health professionals lead multidisciplinary research within our five practice areas of Clean Energy Transition, Environmental Public Health, Climate, Energy Equity, and Oil and Gas.
- Scientific Integrity. We believe in honest and transparent scientific methods and observation, follow rigorous protocols, and only produce and rely upon empirically defensible data.
- Communication. We proactively support the exchange of knowledge across disciplines and diverse audiences, and make information sharing accessible, collaborative, and multi-directional.
- Impact. We work to inspire, refine, and reform energy and climate policies in ways that protect and benefit society, public health, and the environment.
- Justice. We recognize the historical, current, and future distribution of environmental hazards and seek to inform equitable and just solutions for overburdened communities.
- Sustainability. We support energy options that adequately address societal needs, minimize harms to the environment and public health, and ensure energy supply for future generations.
Our Practice Areas
Explore our work by topic.
Join our email list to receive updates
on PSE's work and news.