Richmond Air Monitoring Network
What makes a good air quality sensor location?
Richmond residents and nearby communities have often reported air pollution issues at the Chevron refinery. But there are numerous other sites in the Richmond-San Pablo corridor that may be air pollution hot spots. Please use the Sensor Location Suggestion Form to suggest potential hot spots based on:
- Industrial sites
- Visible smoke, dust, or smog
- Odd smells
- Freeways, especially near congestion spots
- Idling trucks or cars
- Coal trains and coal terminals
- Wood smoke
- Diesel generators
- Daycare centers and playgrounds
- Senior citizen homes and elderly care centers
- Medical recovery and treatment centers
Energy costs are a persistent burden for low-income communities. Recent research from @PhySciEng @IEERArjun on behalf of @COEnergyOffice offers a suite of strategies to align affordability, equity, #publichealth, and #climate goals.
Join our email list to receive updates
on PSE’s work and news.