PSE’s Director of Research Dr. Elena Krieger has been appointed to two National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (NASEM) committees on climate change and clean energy.
- The Role of Net Metering in the Evolving Electricity System Committee Net metering is a billing mechanism used to compensate distributed solar (i.e., rooftop solar) customers for their unused solar energy. As a member of NASEM’s committee, Dr. Krieger will help lead a Congressionally-mandated study on net metering, which will explore net metering’s impact on utilities and their customers, equity, decarbonization, and resilience. Learn more about the committee here.
- Hazard Mitigation and Resilience Applied Research Topics Committee This committee will organize two workshops focused on natural hazard mitigation and climate resilience. Findings from these workshops will help inform NASEM’s upcoming report “Equitable and Resilient Infrastructure Investments” on natural hazard mitigation and resilience. Learn more about the committee here.
On March 17, 2022, at 2:45 pm ET Dr. Krieger will moderate a panel at the Hazard Mitigation and Resilience Applied Research Committee’s first workshop. The workshop will provide a deep dive on resilience hubs in order to assess opportunities, challenges, research, and investments needed to increase access to resilient clean energy in climate-vulnerable communities.
- Kristin Baja, Director of Direct Support & Innovation at Urban Sustainability Directors Network
- Jana Ganion, Sustainability and Government Affairs Director at Blue Lake Rancheria, California-a federally recognized tribal government
- Shina Robinson, Policy Coordinator at Asian Pacific Environmental Network
- Elena Krieger (Moderator), Director of Research at PSE Healthy Energy
Learn more and RSVP here.